Friday, October 11, 2013

Great pattern for beginners. Fall top!

I've been making a lot of my fall tops this year and I wanted to share some of my favorite patterns.  One of my favorites is Vogue  8790.  I've made this top a couple of times and it is an easy pattern.

 I would recommend this one for beginners just starting to work with knits. I made the long sleeve version last year from a sweater knit and I didn't like it.  I thought it make me look really big. 

This week I used a novelty knit that I found on a remnant table at Fabric Place Basement in Natick, MA..

I really like the way this looks and fits.  I made it in a size 14.  I think I will be making more if these tops.  It's a perfect style for fuller figures and I like the coverage I get from this pattern.:) It's a winner!

I

No comments:

Post a Comment