Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Fur Love

I love fur.  I love to touch it, I love to wear it and I love to work with it.  I have a couple of favorite pieces that I made several years ago and I still wear them every year when the weather gets cool.

My first love is my fur vest.  I used a basic vest pattern to make this vest.  It is very simple, a front, a back and a poly lining.  I used a toggle closure and a fabric loop, but truthfully, I rarely button it up.  Its perfect for cool fall days and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. 

My second love is my ivory fur poncho.  I made this from a McCalls pattern that called for stretch knits.


.  I made the largest size in the envelope and added a silk lining.  I wear this for nights when I'm going out and will be indoors most of the time.  It's seen lots of Holiday parties and will probably see many more.  This also was so simple, and hour or so to finish, and is also a great project for beginners!

No comments:

Post a Comment